Children

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

We went to Charleston for Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time.  Before packing, I checked the weather.  It said it would be 80 on Thanksgiving.  Well, since it has been freezing here, I kinda forgot what 80 was like.  Yeah.  HOT!  I had packed up all of Jack and Abby's summer clothes already, so I only had 2 outfits to bring with us which I didn't pack in case it gets hots again.  I didn't think we would really be in shorts in Charleston.  I am not sure why 80 degrees did not register with me.  I even brought Abby's pedicoat.  Total waste there.  When I first put Jack in his short sleeved shirt, he kept pulling on the shirt sleeve to get it to his wrist.  It was pretty funny.  He already forgot what summer clothes felt like. 

On Tuesday, Paula and I decided to take a short trip to Folly Beach.  Man, I love that place.  So cheesey and homey, all at the same time.  Even though it was 80 out, it was too cold to go in the water, so we took Jack and Abby on the pier.  They both LOVED it.  As a super special bonus, we got to see dolphins (or porpoises, I don't know the difference).  Jack was really happy about that and kept talking about how they would "pop up!" and go back down.  Abby only cared about going up and down the stairs.

We also hit the Charleston Aquarium on Wednesday.  This is the first time Jack was really into it.  Abby seemed to really like it as well.  I already posted the after picture of Jack when he got his finger nibbled on.  That was priceless.  Abby was good about keeping her fingers to herself.  Jack didn't want to touch the starfish or any of the other creatures they have for people to touch.  I touched a sting ray, it was pretty neat.  Probably the biggest hit was the play area.  They both had a blast running around.

Thanksgiving day we hung out around the house.  I was really tired this trip and napped when they napped most days.  Although, I will say I ran 4 miles Thanksgiving day morning on the greenway.  Guess all that napping helped.  Paula made a fabulous meal, as she is such a fabulous cook.  Of course we had turkey, but we also had monkey bread, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans & succatash.  And gravy.  Paula makes the BEST gravy.  Doug is good, but she is the master.  Then for dessert, we had cranberry tart, my favorite cherry-cheesecake pie and whooping cream as Jack called it.  He was pretty happy to make whooping cream with Bunny.  Everything was just awesome.  There were only a few guests, Paul & Kathy (who come every year) and Paula's friend, Nancy.  It was nice having a small crowd. 

Now, on to the pictures:
Jack on the pier

Abby cruising along

Of course, we had to stop for a snack


Nice picture of mom and Abby, until....

She got me with her left hook

Trying to get them both together is like herding cats

No comments:

Post a Comment