Children

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Jack totally "got" Halloween this year.  Abby did too, once I gave her a M&M.  Funny, how candy didn't touch Jack's lips until he was over 2 and Abby gets M&Ms at 15 months.  Anyway, we had a great time trick or treating.  As tradition has it, my mom came over to watch the children trick or treat.

It is hard being Mom, because on the one hand, I wanted to capture the moment on film (which is like herding cats getting them to both look the same direction at the same time) and living in the moment.  That is a constant battle for me.  On the one hand, the pictures are good, because my memory is awful.  I can't even remember what Jack was for Halloween last year.  I remember Abby wore a little knit cheerleader outfit, but I think Jack wore a sweatsuit with bones on it?  I will have to ask my mom.  She will remember.  Or I could look at the pictures I guess.

This was the first year Jack picked what he wanted to be.  I found it very interesting he picked a monster, because he is afraid of monsters.  I think that tells a lot of his personality, he will over come his fears.  I wanted to have him go as Bam-Bam and Abby as Pebbles, but since he wanted to be a monster, I figured I would be a good mom and let him choose.

Abby was my little ballerina.  I LOVE tulle, so I am sure you will see more of that on her.  I already have dress up tutus.  I love them.  Now I just need to find some that will fit me.  ha.  I think after 2 years of TRUCKS I am ready for Barbie.  Diane got me a berry princess/fairy costume for her, but it was too big for this year.  So, I am pretty excited I have her costume for next year all set.  Hopefully, she won't have an opinion on what she wants to be.

Overall, we all had a great time.  Jack is already talking about going trick or treating again and I am having to explain the concept of next year.  Now if I can just keep my hand off their candy (which Jack gets a piece after nap every day).


(Abby getting M&M)



No comments:

Post a Comment