Children

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Family Size

Before I was married, I didn't want children.  I actually really never wanted to get married.  I then met Doug at college and well, the rest is history.  We waited 6 years before we had children.  In one way, I think the transition to children was more difficult, because we were used to doing what we wanted (racing), when we wanted (every weekend).  We thought we would leave it up to God to see if we would become parents, because we could never pick a time to "start trying" so we just stopped not trying.  Well, 6 months later, I was pregnant.  After having Jack, we quickly realized we wanted more than one child.  Fast forward to Jack being 13 months old and I got pregnant again.  I didn't think it would happen so quickly since it took 6 months with Jack.  I really wanted them to be at least 2 years apart. 

Now that the first rough TOUGH as hell year is over and I am sleeping through the night, I am pondering the timing or possibilty of a third child.  I am the middle child.  I never really felt all the hangups most middle children feel.  So, I am not all that concerned about Abby being the middle child.  Heck, she is tough as nails.  She would handle it pretty well, beating up on both siblings.

One holdup is Doug's work situation.  He doesn't have the traditional 9-5 job with the traditional 9-5 salary.  This I think is good in one way because it gives us a chance to "make it big".  Plus, I love him being home and he is a huge help.  I don't think I would consider 3 if he was gone until 6:30pm every night.

Another concern is our home.  It is tiny now with 4 of us.  I would have to swap Jack & Abby's room with the playroom and I would make the back room the nursery/office.  I think I could type and not wake a newborn.  ;)  I am not ready to lose my desk yet.  haha. 

There is also the age spacing to think about.  I don't want too much time to lapse between Jack/Abby and the baby.   I don't want the baby to feel like a third wheel but I also want to be able to enjoy my baby.  Nothing in life is easy.  I think I will just worry about this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment