Children

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Athens

This past weekend we went to Athens to visit with Doug's family.  We had a great time.  Eleanor stayed the weekend, so Jack and Abby were thrilled to have a playmate.  So were we.

Jack was in total heaven.  Granddaddy and Gramma have a huge yard and a lake.  Granddaddy keeps a big bucket full of rocks by the dock.  I am fairly certain there are few things better than throwing rocks into a lake to a 3 yr old boy.  Except maybe ice cream and they had that too.

Abby was able to roam around and do her thing.  They had some ride-on toys so she was all set.  She did take a nasty spill but got up like a champ.  I wish we had taken a picture of her all bloody.  Luckily all the blood came out of her white coat.  One thing being married to Doug has gotten me used to blood and broken bones.  I am not sure if that is a good thing.

Doug and I went for an awesome road ride in the Winterville country side.  We even rode across a covered bridge.  It was a perfect day for riding.  So nice to be back in the saddle.  We rode for a little over 2 hours which was the longest time I have been on the bike since before having Abby.  That night Denny made reservations for the two of us for dinner at five and ten, an awesome restaurant in Athens.  PLUS he picked up the bill (which was quite large...not sure how that happened, perhaps we shouldn't go to dinner after riding 2+ hrs, we were starving!).  I must say, it was so wonderful to have dinner without having Jack telling me he had to go potty two seconds after Abby threw her plate to the floor five seconds after I sat down.  Life was very good.

Of course, Granddaddy had to put the children to work.  I think Abby got the better end of the deal.



Some lake shots:






Then Gramma got them working inside.  I tell you, no rest for the weary.




Martha showed up, but Abby had to warn her of all the work they had to do.


Abby's busted lip.  Had to share that one.

We also visited Doug's Aunt Bootsy and cousin Valerie.  Jack, Eleanor and Abby had a great time playing with all of Aunt Bootsy's classic toys.  It was a wonderful, relaxed weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment