Children

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sleeping through the night? Is it possible?

I think Abby is night weaned and SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!  She is 22 months old.  About DAMN time.  It happened while we were in the mountains (Bryson City, NC) this past week.  The first night, she woke around 5:30am, but Jack was in bed with us, so I let her fuss (we were downstairs anyway, master on main) and she fell back asleep.  She slept until 7am and I didn't nurse her when she woke up.  The next day she slept until 5:30am, but pitched a fit, I nursed her but she stayed up.  The next day she slept until 8:15am!!!  And I didn't nurse her when she got up.  Then the next day, she slept until 7am.  She seems to be waking around 5:30am, but she fusses herself back to sleep until 7am or so.  It is a miracle. 

Now, the upshot, is that we are putting Jack in our bed before we go to bed so he doesn't wake up.  Hopefully, she will just sleep until 7am without the 5:30am waking and Jack can stay in their room.  I am BEYOND thrilled.  Today, BOTH of them slept until 7am.  It was like Christmas.  I am hesitant to post this because I keep waiting for her to go back to waking up.  However, I will send DH in, because I am not going back.  Now we are only nursing before nap and bed. 

Perhaps it took 2 months for her adenoid surgery to "pay off"?  I have no clue but I am thrilled.  Sleep is delicious!  Of course, now that I have posted this, she will be up tomorrow with bells and whistles at 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment