Children

Friday, May 6, 2011

Music

After many nights of sitting with Jack until he fell asleep, well, after many nights of Doug sitting with Jack until he fell asleep and him getting up between 4:30-6:30am in the morning, I decided enough was enough.  So tonight, I borrowed my dad's portable cd player and put on a classical lullabies cd on repeat.  I also made some "monster spray" and had Jack spray the room to keep the monsters out.  Lastly, I put together a "treasure box" filled with excellent stuff from the dollar store to entice him to sleep in.  The deal is if he can stay in bed until the sun comes up on his night light (6:30am for now), he gets to get a treasure out.  So, the good news was he was able to fall asleep BY HIMSELF!  So, my thought process is that if he wakes up at the ass crack of dawn he will be able to listen to his music and fall back asleep.  Sound logical?  I thought so.  I will report back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment