Children

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Afternoon playroom time


We are just hanging out in the afternoon after quiet time and Abby's nap.  I always like to think of this time as the calm before the storm....meaning dinner and bed time.  I hardly remember to take video, so this post is loaded with 2 video treats.  Jack is busy working on his cutting, gluing, stapling and coloring.  He loves to do art.  I give him catalogs that come in the mail and he cuts & glues them up.  It is a win-win.  He also loves the Black Eyed Peas, so we are listening to that in the background.  He calls one of the songs "the popcorn song: because he thinks they say popcorn, but they really say, "I'm gonna rock you now".  Pretty darn cute.

Abby has decided she likes wands.  Who can blame her? I find it fascinating how "into" dress up things she has suddenly become.  Necklaces, bracelets, makeup, tutus, wands.  Where does the drive come from?  I am not an overly girly-girly, but I am loading her up with dress-up supplies, because I think it is fun. 






Jack and his scissors


No comments:

Post a Comment