Children

Monday, June 27, 2011

It's a BOY!

We found Friday we are having another boy!  I could have sworn I was having a girl, the pregnancy is so much like Abby's, but it could be that it is the most recent pregnancy, so I am remembering that.  We are super excited.  We told Jack and Abby and Jack was VERY excited about it.  Well, after I convinced him that I really do have a baby in my belly.  He thought I was kidding.  Once he believed me, he asked, "how is he going to get out?" to which I replied "my vagina" much to Doug's dismay.  I figured I wasn't going to lie.  He got his answer and was on to the next thing in his world.  Oh, when we asked Jack what we should name the baby he told us "Butterpond".  So, that is what Doug has referred to baby boy Mathews ever since.

Today was a first for me feeling Butterpond having hiccups.  It was pretty cute.  I can't wait for Jack and Abby to be able to feel the baby move.  I have been feeling him for the past few weeks, but only internally.  My placenta is anterior (attached at the front of my uterus) so that makes it harder to feel on the outside.

I am way behind on posts.  It is harder with Jack and Abby being home all summer.  Jack has super hero camp this week, so I am taking Abby to the Children's Museum, the pool and Hippo Hop to give her some Abby and Mama time.  I thought about bringing her to get her toenails painted, but realized I didn't want to open that can of worms.  Better to wait until she is older.

No comments:

Post a Comment