Children

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Morning at our house

Christmas morning started at 5:40am at the Mathews' house.  Abby woke up and then Jack followed soon after.  He had forgotten Santa was coming and made no effort to go into the living room.  If only we could have convinced them to go back to bed, we could have celebrated Christmas at 7am.  Like NORMAL families, but alas, I gave birth to two roosters.  They TOTALLY get that from Doug's side of the family because I come from a family of koalas.  Did you know that koalas can sleep up to 20 hours in one day?!?!  Who knew?  I found that out when I googled "animals that sleep the most" because my mom would be offended if I said I came from a family of slugs.  Koalas sound so much better.   Anyway, back to Christmas.

Since Jack forgot about Santa, I was able to get the cameras all ready and film him and Abby walking into the living room.  Now, there was not one present under the tree Christmas eve, so Christmas morning was a big change as in there were presents.  Jack, being the observant little man he is, didn't notice anything.  When we asked if Santa had been he looked around and said, "nope".  Thanks for the buzz kill Jack.  He got more interested when I told him to check to see if Santa ate his cookies.  Santa had left a few bites, so Jack wanted to know if he could eat the remaining cookies.  It was pretty funny.  It was Abby who noticed the stockings on the couch.  So, they started there.  They both really enjoyed going through all of the stocking stuffers. 

After that, we started opening presents.  Jack's "big" present was a shopping cart, with groceries and a scanner.  Abby's "big" present was a bike with training wheels.  It is the smallest bike in the world.  Of course, whatever Jack opened, Abby wanted and vice verse.  I would say the biggest hit was the Dora ball tent.  They both loved that.  Next year will be even more fun as Jack will really "get" Christmas, I am sure Abby will too.  She picks up on things pretty quickly.  She was a pro trick or treating after getting candy at the first house.  She had it all figured out after that.

Jack scarfing down Santa's leftovers

Christmas 2010

Ah, stockings!

Abby loved her music eggs

Abby's doll

Jack's present to me was an ornament.  He picked it out himself at school.  Daddy got a frame.

The hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment