Children

Friday, January 21, 2011

Adenoids?

So, I am now trying to figure out if Abby has enlarged Adenoids.  Nothing is ever easy in life. These are her symptoms:

-7 ear infections in 6 months last winter
-2 bouts of tonsillitis this winter already
-Lots of runny noses (but she is a 2nd child)
-Snores
-Recent started gasping at night while she is sleeping, scary to hear
-Coughing awake, woke up after 50 min nap yesterday due to coughing
-Low weight gain (she has gained less than 4 lbs since she was 6 months old, although she was 22.5 lbs at 6 months and is almost 26 at 18mon)
-Horrible eater, likes to nurse or drink yogurt drinks
-Stinky breath

So, in light of these symptoms I will call her ENT.  I was suppose to call them if she got an ear infection this winter.  She did, right before Christmas, but I opted not to call them.  I really don't want tubes, her adenoids removed or anything, but my baby needs to eat and sleep.  Parenting it so difficult.  There is always something going on.  It is constantly giving me a new respect for my own parents.  Heck, I only have 2.  They had 50% MORE children than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment